Caitlin McDonald joined DMLA in 2015, and was previously at Sterling Lord Literistic. She represents adult and young adult speculative fiction, primarily science-fiction, fantasy, horror, and related subgenres, as well as contemporary fiction about geeky characters. She also handles a small amount of nonfiction in geeky areas, with a focus on feminist theory/women’s issues and pop culture. Caitlin grew up overseas and has a BA in Creative Writing from Columbia University.
– All SF/F fiction for adult, YA, and MG, especially secondary world fantasy and alternate history
– Genre-bending or cross-genre fiction, and stories that examine tropes from a new angle
– Diversity of all kinds, including (but not limited to) race, gender, sexuality, and ability, in both characters and worldbuilding
Do not send:
– contemporary women’s fiction
– crime or military fiction
– picture books or young reader chapter books
– poetry, screenplays or short stories
To query, please visit QueryMe.Online/cmcdonald and fill out the online form with your query letter, synopsis, and the first twenty pages of your novel. Please be sure to follow all the additional guidelines detailed on this page to ensure your query is reviewed.
March 23: Publishing Brain Pick Meetup with Eric Smith (Philadelphia, PA) March 29: Maryland Writers Conference (Hyattsville, MD) May 8-9: Washington Writers Conference (Bethesda, MD)
Update: The above events have sadly been canceled or postponed as a safety precaution against the spread of COVID-19. This page will be updated with any new dates or virtual scheduling of these events, and be keeping a close eye on the situation as it pertains to future events, including Worldcon. Please wash your hands and stay safe, everyone.
July 29-August 3: Worldcon (Wellington, New Zealand)