Caitlin McDonald joined DMLA in 2015, and was previously at Sterling Lord Literistic. She represents adult and young adult speculative fiction, primarily science-fiction, fantasy, horror, and related subgenres, as well as contemporary fiction about geeky characters. She also handles a small amount of nonfiction in geeky areas, with a focus on feminist theory/women’s issues and pop culture. Caitlin grew up overseas and has a BA in Creative Writing from Columbia University.
– All SF/F fiction for adult, YA, and MG, especially secondary world fantasy and alternate history
– Genre-bending or cross-genre fiction, and stories that examine tropes from a new angle
– Diversity of all kinds, including (but not limited to) race, gender, sexuality, and ability, in both characters and worldbuilding
Do not send:
– women’s fiction
– crime or military fiction
– picture books or young reader chapter books
– poetry, screenplays or short stories
Please note: I operate on a “no response means no” policy. This means I do not send rejections to unsolicited queries. If you do not hear back from me within 90 days of submission, please consider it a pass.
Requested fulls, referrals, or queries requested at conferences and online events are exempted; these will always receive a response.
To query, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the query letter, synopsis, and the first ten pages of your novel pasted into the body of the email. Please be sure to follow all the additional guidelines detailed on this page to ensure your query is reviewed.
June 8, 2018: Philadelphia Writers Conference (Philadelphia, PA)
November 17, 2018: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA) – tentative